Understand why teacher training with the Shires TSA could be the right choice for you coming to our schools and spending time with outstanding staff, in good and outstanding schools.
Experience isn’t essential, but you want your teacher training year to be the most positive experience, and only by seeing and spending time in the schools you will train in, can you establish which provider is best for your needs.
School experience with Shires Alliance is rewarding, valuable and relevant. You will spend time shadowing teaching staff, observing lessons, supporting pupils (where relevant) and speaking to all levels of teaching and support staff.
Here is what you can expect:
- Time observing lessons in your subject (support in lesson observation will be given)
- Time observing lessons in other subjects (it’s good to see the variety of teaching skills in a broader perspective)
- Meet teachers, experienced and new, to the profession
- Meet other trainee teachers
- Tour of the school, see the inner workings of various school settings and activities
Here is what we expect:
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Attire relevant to a teaching setting
- Ask lots of questions!
- Bring your DBS details or photographic ID with you
- Notify us as soon as anything changes regarding attendance
If you wish to register your interest for school experience, we will do all we can to suit your needs and requirements. Please let us know if anything changes as organising the time you will spend in school requires high levels of time, collaboration and understanding between our partner schools. It is our commitment to you, in supporting your decision to train to teach with us.